Thursday, May 2, 2013

{Adventures In} Bridal Shower Planning

So I'm knee-deep in planning my best friend's bridal shower. We decided on a purple ombre' themed brunch for 50 people. Yes, I said 50 people. In a month. Cray. I'm desperately putting the decor details for the shower together now, but luckily we were smart and have been working on the menu for some time now. It will include:

Beverages: Your standard drinks, such as lemon water, coffee, juices and, wait for it... a mimosa bar. Juices to add to the champagne include orange, peach, pomegranate and strawberry. It's going to be ridic. 

Dishes: Mini pancake kabobs (see below), roasted potatoes, quiche, sausage, shrimp, bagels, fruit, and a yogurt station.  

Desserts: A variety of muffins, donuts, chocolate covered strawberries, cupcakes, mini fruit tarts.

I really wanted to be over the top with the ombre' theme, but with 50 attendees, it just wasn't in the budget. So, I'm planning on adding pops of ombre' where I can through flowers, fabric garland, straws, and in the food. I can't wait to share pictures and maybe a few tutorials. But in the meantime, here is a little inspiration (a la' Pinterest, of course) of what I hope the bridal shower will look like.  


Top Left - Top Middle - Top Right - Bottom Left - Bottom Middle - Bottom Right

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs