Tuesday, May 21, 2013

{Adventures In} Party Planning

Baby K turns one in 2.5 months. Ummmm, what?! Where did the past year go?  I've just started been pinning for months gathering inspiration for her birthday party. Since we've decided that the party will be at our house (and it's the size of a shoe box), we're limited on how crazy I can get with the decorations. So the plan is to pick the types of decorations that will make the most impact. 
I am going back and forth with what I want her party to look like. Pink ombre', pink and white polka dots, shabby chic - the options are endless. While I haven't made up my mind on what direction I want to go, I have figured out what types of decorations will be making an appearance.  
high chair garland - chalkboard poster - fabric garland - ombre smash cake - photo display - invitation

Garland affixed to a vintage high chair - My husband and I found a vintage high chair at the flea market a couple months ago in a dirty white color. So I'm going to spruce it up by painting in a pink (I think) and affixing a fabric garland to the front of it. 

Chalkboard party poster - How amazing would it be to document your child's milestones every year on their birthday by using this adorable chalkboard party poster? There are a couple different options on Etsy - one is a pdf made to look like chalkboard art (totally reasonable and won't smudge) and the second is an actual chalkboard (expensive and could get ruined). We'll be going with the less expensive, pdf version.

Massive fabric garland - So I just made one of these for my friend's bridal shower and it's safe to say that Baby K's fabric garland will not be so massive. Instead it will be moderately massive. This banner will likely be above the food display and will match the banner on her high chair. 

Smash cake - Every baby needs a smash cake. Now to decide if a bakery will do it, or if I will. 

Photos of her first year displayed - I take a million pictures, so it will be nice to for your guests (and you) to reminisce and see where the past year has gone. Seriously, where did my baby go? 

Blow up balloon invitation - I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was so festive and fun for her first birthday. Your guests are instructed to blow up the balloon and the invitation is written on it. So fun! I'm really going to try to swing this (because it's not cheap, people), and I'll tell you how to do it in a later post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs