Saturday, May 4, 2013

{Adventures In} My Gallery Wall

My husband and I moved into our home mid-June and by early July, our gallery wall was up. When I get a bug up my butt, things happen. And quickly. My initial plan was to pick up random frames and wall decor and create our own wall. I figured that it would be pretty easy considering we used to spend A LOT of time at flea markets and antique stores. After a few trips, I realized that creating your own gallery wall is time consuming and can be expensive. So where do I go when I want to save some time? Etsy. If you search "gallery wall", you will find TONS of vendors with all sorts of color schemes. I went vintage, French. Once we got the frames and wall decor in the mail, my husband was overwhelmed. He's a perfectionist and he thought that putting these frames up would be a nightmare. Don't get me wrong, it's a pain, but it wasn't as bad as we thought it was going to be. 

Step 1: Figure out what you want the layout to look like on the wall by placing everything out on the floor and arranging. (Jack decided to get right in the middle of things, as he always does.) 


Step 2: Take paper and make custom cut-outs of each piece of wall art. Place on wall. I just taped them, but I've seen on Pinterest where people actually nail into the wall at this point. 


Step 3: Nail into wall and place frames/decor appropriately. Fairly simple. It took just an evening.

THIS is how our gallery wall has looked for 2 1/2 years. No pictures. People thought we were nuts to have a frames without pictures. Obviously they don't read home decor blogs very often. ;)


AND THIS is what it looks like now. Complete with pictures!





Most of the pictures are professional ones from our engagement session or our wedding, but a few are ones that I have taken of Baby K over the past 9 months. I actually did the chalkboard art and am surprised at how it doesn't look like a total shit-show good it looks! I really love how it turned out and best part is that we can change out the pictures as our family memories grow. It's ever evolving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs