Wednesday, March 13, 2013

{Adventures In} Couponing

So I just got a fantastic deal on these razors (below) and couldn't keep it in - I had to share. Here is how you get two packages of razors for only $5.15.
  • Clip BOGO Gillette Coupon in 2/3 Red Plum Insert - this promises a $11.99 savings no matter how much the cost of the item is. 
  • Clip $2/1 Venus Disposable Razor coupon in 3/3 P&G Insert
  • Wait for Target to discount the razors.
If I had purchased two packages of disposable razors at full price without coupons, this is how much I would have spent:

$11.50 X 2 = $23.00

Here it is with coupons and the sale price at Target:

$11.50 - $1.93 (Target sale price) = $9.57 X 2 = $19.14 - $11.99 (BOGO coupon) = $7.15 - $2.00 (P&G coupon) = $5.15 or nearly 80% savings.

Pretty crazy, right? Razors are unbelievably expensive and this makes them reasonable. I made sure to rummage through my mom's inserts so I was able to get 6 of these guys for about $15.00. Hopefully it will last me until the next BOGO coupon. With couponing like this, why would I ever pay full price?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs