Saturday, February 16, 2013

{Baby Swag} Must Haves for Baby

When I was pregnant, I researched EVERYTHING. Right down to which bathtub to buy - who knew there were SO many options! I definitely appreciated all the mom bloggers out there who told the good, the bad and the ugly of baby related purchases. I always swore that after Baby K was born, I would pay it forward and do the same. So below is my list of Top 8 baby swag that I cannot (and I mean cannot) live without.

One - Two - Three - Four - Five - Six - Seven - Eight

Uppababy Vista Stroller - I did not want to be replacing a cheap stroller every few months. After researching cheaper and more expensive strollers, I fell IN LOVE with this one. I will warn you, the Uppababy Vista is not cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for. It is stable and sturdy, yet isn't too heavy. It folds and opens fairly easy, yet isn't too bulky. The best part is that it grows with your baby. It comes with a bassinet option for when your baby is really little (which we did not use, but it was nice to have). You also have the option to purchase an attachment ($30) which will allow your Chicco, Graco or Maxi Cosi car seat to sit snug in the stroller as well. Glorious!

Fisher Price My Little Lamb Platinum Swing - I can't say enough good things about this swing. We originally purchased a Fisher Price Snugabunny Swing and after 1 week of using it, it was NOISY. I'm talking, gears shifting LOUD! I read that this was common, so we boxed it back up and returned it. I was apprehensive about purchasing another Fisher Price swing, but they are the best around, so we took our chances. I am so glad we did because this swing has it all! Most importantly, it plugs in with an A/C adaptor. No batteries required! It has a starlight show which keeps Baby K entertained. And it's cozy. Like, I want to curl up in the swing with her and take a nap, cozy.

Sassy Rings - These rings were one of the first things we gave to Baby K when she started holding on to things. She uses them everyday and cannot go anywhere without them. She is constantly gnawing on them even though she's isn't teething quite yet.  

Aden + Anais Swaddling Blankets - I love every single product this company makes. They could make toilet paper and I would probably buy it. They are not the cheapest swaddling blankets out there, but they are the best and worth every dime. They are much larger than most blankets and are made out of a gauzy material. Once your baby no longer needs/wants to be swaddled, they make great blankets to keep them cozy in car seats or in their swing. You will use them every day for the first year of your child's life (and then some). 

Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bag - Again, not the cheapest diaper bag option out there. But, this one comes with a portable changing station in it. It has pockets for EVERYTHING. The outside of the bag is made from a water-resistant material so when you spill a bottle (and you will), it's easy clean up. Plus, they come in great patterns! 

Car Seat Cover - Keeps the germs out, keeps the sun out, and most importantly keeps strangers from gawking at your child. If you are handy with a sewing machine, there are plenty of templates out on the interweb, so just make your own. Etsy also has countless options as well. I use mine everyday - well worth it!

Pajamas - When I was pregnant, I didn't buy any of these. So very stupid. I wish someone would have told me that they Baby K would be living in them. Most days, I don't even change her out of her pajamas because they are perfect for playing and sleeping throughout the day. 

Aden + Anais Security Blankets - I am a huge fan of security blankets mainly because I still have (and sleep) with mine. Don't judge. Because of this, I am all for these mini blankets. It's the perfect size for her little hands and is made from the same breathable material that the swaddler blankets are made from so you don't have to worry about your baby smothering themselves. Again, great company. Go buy everything they make. You will not be disappointed. 

Next up...Baby K's nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs