Thursday, January 31, 2013

{Adventures In} Being a Mom

I have a daughter. I am a mom. I am a parent. Whoa.

When you are pregnant, you obviously realize that you will be a parent in 9 short months. But you cannot begin to fathom the magnitude of what that word means until the day comes and you are holding your baby in your arms. Or when you have to sign the birth certificate and designate yourself as "parent". Black and white, on paper, you are a parent.

So what does it take to be a parent let alone a "good" one? Some people take to Pinterest to figure out how to parent while others feverishly search Google to get some answers. Technology isn't your thing? Try something old school and ask the advice of parents or friends. Where do I fall? I'm guilty of doing all 3.

Not only am I learning how to be a parent, I am also learning how to be a wife, how to cook, how to sew, how to decorate a home, and how to be healthier. (All of which I have little to no experience in.) So with that said, these are my adventures in suburbia as a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs